Winter is over, spring is here and summer is on its way! Here are 5 simple ways to get you back on track and out of that hibernation station.
1. Just start somewhere. If getting up early or giving yourself 30 minutes to an hour a day is not working yet, start with 10 minutes of any kind of movement. Dance, yoga, run, HIIT - whatever! Just do it. You will feel the mood boosting benefits straight away and when done consistently will create a foundation for longer workouts and morning routine.
2. Stretch it out. Stretching relieves stress, prevents injury and improves range of motion so you can get the most out of your new morning workouts Win-win-win!
3. Mix it up. While consistency is key, routine can get boring! Design your days to make reaching your goals fun! Try a new class at lunch, schedule in some evening yoga classes on a Monday or YouTube some new dance moves ;) Two sources I love getting workouts from are ToneItUp.com and following The Fitness Marshall on Youtube. They are always different and I'm rarely doing the same workout day after day.
4. Meal prep. Take one day and use a couple of hours to chop veggies, plan your meals and put them into Tupperware. Put on music or your favourite podcast and light some candels while you prep. I usually end up having an afternoon of dancing in my kitchen. But maybe you will be more disciplined and get more prepping done. Either way it makes choosing to eat healthy stress-free during the week! Think of your busy week and how much you do. Now think of all the unexpected that sometimes pops up! Meal prep. Your future self will thank you for it.
5. Get support! Find a friend to join you or find others who will inspire you and will help you reach your goals.
Want to know more? Join me for my Weigh Less Live More workshop on Saturday, April 22nd at 12:00pm.
Tickets are available now and spaces are limited! Call 633060 to book :)